First Home Care offers day treatment services at Oyster Point Academy, First Home Care’s private day school, in Newport News. Day Treatment services provide intensive therapeutic interventions with individualized clinical programming to serve students with mental health, behavioral, and/or emotional issues.
Day Treatment services are integrated within the daily classroom schedule. They offer individualized treatment and support, and are an effective intervention to prevent the need for a higher level of care. Day Treatment Specialists work hand-in-hand with classroom teachers, administration, families, and naturally occurring community support systems to develop a holistic plan of care tailored to the student’s needs.
Day Treatment Services include:
- Evidence- based therapeutic interventions
- Strength-based, solution-focused treatment planning
- Psychiatrist and licensed clinician oversight
- Individual and group therapeutic interventions
- Individual focus includes emotional regulation, anger management, communication, socialization, interpersonal skills, coping skills and stress relief
- Group focus includes problem solving, anger management, community responsibility, increased impulse control, appropriate peer relations and male/female issues
- Behavior management strategies
- Daily facilitated structured therapeutic activities
- Opportunities for improving self-esteem, development of social skills, conflict resolution strategies, crisis and safety planning, family engagement, effective communication and Rites of Passage
Oyster Point Academy
766 J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23601
Local Phone: 757-549-1580
Email: [email protected]
Learn more about Oyster Point Academy here.